Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Avery's nursery, brings back so many memories, she was so tiny way back then!
Some of those pictures I've been missing, talk about preggo! Avery loved eating at her "big" girl table. She refused to sit in the high chair once a friend gave us this table. I ended up just leaving it in the kitchen.
Thirteen Things I can't wait to see when I get them out of storage.
1. My clothes, actually having the right outfit for the right occasion and finally packing away those maternity clothes!
2. My wedding vide0
3. Anything from my kitchen that would actually let me cook! Who knew I would miss those pots and pans, he he he!
4. Avery's bedroom decor, I made most of it and can't wait to transition all of her stuff to a big girl room.
5. Reece's nursery decor, never been out of the packaging yet!
6. My bags and shoes, I'm a girlie girl, I love me some handbags and cute shoes.
7. My books, I know kind of nerdy, what do you expect from an English major. I even miss my college world lit textbook!
8. The blanket my Mom made when I was born and the teddy bear my dad gave me when I was born.
9. The antique school chairs that my grandpa refinished and my mom gave me.
10. All the photos of Avery's life, most of them are on the computer, but there's nothing like holding the real thing!
11. My piano, it's time I used that so -called talent for Jesus. Even if it's just singing by myself, off key, at the top of my lungs in praising him. I'm sure my parents would appreciate me actually doing something with all the money they spent on lessons!
12. My photo printer, going to get film developed is a pain! How spoiled I am!
13. Anything I pull out of a box or unwrap and it is MINE!!! (Does it sound like I've been around a two year old?) :)
After trying for almost a year, they're pregnant!!!! This is Shane's brother Nic and his wife Amanda. Since we've moved to Virginia, they are only an hour and a half from us and we are absolutely loving getting closer to them!
We are so excited about this little bundle coming in June. And I am so excited to have a newborn to knit for again!
By the way, I had a dream she was pregnant just two nights ago! How exciting. So many people praying and to see that God is bringing another image of him into this world. They are in for the ride of their lives and I am so stinkin excited to live close enough to get to know this new little person and be there to help if they need/want it! WE LOVE YOU BOTH!!!!
So proud of himself!
I thought he looked so sweet lying there. Then I found out he was making me a little present!
He's going to keep me on my toes! What a cute little bum!
I can't ever get enough kisses on this little man!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Monday, September 24, 2007
Reece's head was a little big for it! But I needed a model.
We've got drywall up, it's looking like a house now!
"Mom, this thing is a little small. I am getting a headache."
A care package from my littlest sis came. Made my day since I woke up Sat. with a nasty cold.
Avery not feelig too good either. So we bummed on the couch and watched Cinderella.
This is a video of Reece in his Jumperoo. He's pretty wild in that thing.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
I haven't realized the effects that living in "limbo" has caused on me internally until the last couple of weeks. This rental house (although a HUGE blessing) is falling apart and I never realized how the stress I feel over that has effected even how I am being a mom. I was getting to the point where I would lie in bed at night so stressed that I felt like at any moment my body was going to go into a panic attack. I have never had these problems before. I also noticed how short I was with Avery. I have felt like I was doing a good job in terms of my words and tone with her. But when I started realizing how on edge I've been and how short I have been in my patience towards her; I cringed! I read my Power of a Positive Mom devotional today and it has been another eye opener. My other eye opener was last week, but I'll get into that later.
Monday, September 17, 2007
So I am now completely obsessed with this Koigu yarn. The only downside is that it takes forever to knit anything because it's such a small weight! I was hoping to have this done for the holidays, but with my charity projects, a sweater for Avery, and more hats and baby booties for Reece, I might be looking at more of a spring deadline. I love this pattern from CLASSIC KNITS, so far it's easy enough to work on in between taking care of the kids. It's stockinette stitch, but the varigated colors make it less boring. Some day there will be a post with me wearing this. HOpefully by then I will be in my "skinny jeans" and my skin will be back to normal. Pregnancy was not kind on my skin! And don't even get me started on my braces or my lackluster hair. Ok, this is completely off topic. Pity party over. Reece is awake and I can't to give him kisses.
Friday, September 14, 2007
By the time I arrived at the hospital I was 10 centimeters. The nurse said the only reason I didn't deliver in the car is because my water wouldn't break. He came out wanting to eat and hasn't stopped since! He nursed right away and the only time he left my side was to get shots or weighed.
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Due to the selfish, whining, and ungrateful heart I have had the past few months...
1. I have a beautiful two year old daughter. She is healthy, happy, and teaching me to enjoy the littlest things. Today it was the awe over a squirrel eating an acorn.
2. I have a gorgeous five month old son. He is teaching me to be VERY active. He's teaching me to slow down, hold him a few more minutes, and to relish the way he fits in my arms. Some day he is going to tower over me.
3. I have a husband who is wildly in love with me. I never doubt how he feels and I trust him with all of my heart.
4. I have full confidence in my Lord and Savior and the fact that some day I am going to get to heaven to see him. I also have full confidence that he is going to introduce me to the baby I lost. What joy to know that a piece of Shane, Avery, Reece, and I is already in God's presence.
5. Shane is healthy and strong and taking really good care of us.
6. I have all of my immediate family and Shane's as Christian brothers and sisters.
7. I live in a country where I can raise my children as Christians.
8. I rejoice in the city that we have moved to this year. It is clear that God has cleared the path for us and I am excited to see how we are going to be used for him and how we are going to grow.
9. I am rejoicing in the many friends I am blessed with in my life already. From high school to college, to my adult life, and now even in blogger world.
10. I am healthy to take care of my home although a little more (or a lot) exercise wouldn't hurt!
11. I rejoice in knowledge. I love to learn, I love that God gave me this desire, and am thankful for outlets in my life to satisfy this craving.
12. I have found hobbies that allow me to create and show that God created beauty and creativity.
13. Most importantly, I rejoice that Christ died on the cross, washed me white as snow, and desires to mold me into his image. For this I am truly grateful!