Am so excited to that Thanksgiving is just two weeks away. I'm really working on thankfulness and contenment right now. Starting this new budget and wanting to be thankful for all the blessings in my life. God has been so good to me. I can't believe it most of the time. I certainly don't deserve it! I changed the bible verse on the plate in my kitchen to: "Give thanks to the Lord for he is good; his love endures forever." I even found a yankee candle that says Be Thankful. I think tomorrow I am going to make a canvas to put in the living room.
So here's a list of things I am VERY thankful for:
1. Ellie-- what an amazing surprise! Didn't think I would get to have another baby and am loving that our family is growing.
2. Shane-- he's done so much for us this year and works so hard so that I can stay home with the kids, he's even supporting me homeschooling despite his concerns over having nerdy kids (haha).
3. Avery and Reece-- teaching me patience, and showing me the world through their eyes is so much more fun. Even the rough days are awesome. They make me so happy.
4. The Mom-mobile-- seriously never thought I would say that...but it has made traveling so much easier and I am LOVING the heated seats. I just figured out I can plug my cell phone into the IPOD thingy and play music off of there too, who knew?
5. My house-- After moving so many times in our almost EIGHT years together, to be settled in, at peace, and not moving mid-pregnancy is so wonderful. I love coming thru the door and making this a place for my kids to play and learn and hopefully it is a place that Shane wants to come home to
6. My dogs-- for barking at everyone that comes to the door and scaring people away and for laying at my feet when I am knitting and keeping them warm
These are just a few things that might seem silly or trivial, but truly make me feel so blessed.